29 years is too short

Dear Friend,
Did you know that there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of you?  We may text and talk sporadically and only see each from time to time, but you are here in my life so much. Be it in a simple picture of us, me wearing any one of the tons of clothes you gave me or any of the numerous hand me downs you gave us when you redecorated your place. I see you in them all.  From high school to now, we managed to stay close. They say true friends can go long periods without speaking and never question their friendship. This was so true for us. You were always there for me. You were always there for Nacho, Smitty or any of the cats you house sat for. I love that we lived vicariously through each other when one of us was single.  We’ve had endless nights of fun. You even came with me on the Donny & Marie Cruizn with friends cruise, Now that is true friendship, you didn't even like them. LOL


I'll always remember the nights you’d come over just to hang and catch up with a nice bottle of wine or with your fave the Pomelo.  I’ll never forget the time we sat by the Firepit chatting and my uncle scared the crap out of us. Can’t forget the many nights in the hot tub with Sarah and Kathy over holiday breaks from school. Or the random party’s we’d go to with other high school friends.  You touched the hearts of everyone you met.  Your honesty and graciousness were amazing.



We were super geeks and we talked about The Simpson Tapped Out or Pokémon Go. I will always cherish the last summer night Pokémon hunt we did with the kids when we were on a hunt for the elusive Snore-Ann.  Oh the many secrets that we share.   Thanks for getting up at the crack of dawn to hit the gym with me...even if it was only for a few months until we both realize that we liked sleep more.  When I got engaged I knew that you had to be one of my Maid of Honors. You have always been there for me, you kept me calm, you planned and kept things moving. You had my back that day and always. I will miss the chance to do it for you.



My fond memories include Trick or Treating with the kids, New Years Eve's, bar hoping, hanging at the Purple Orchid, all of our inside jokes and just most of all the laughter and love we had for each other will always be in my heart.  We knew if we needed one another we were there.  I just wished I could have been there for you more.  I was in shock the day I learned you earned your wings and actually for days after. I still can’t wrap my head around it. We just talked 10 days ago and I won’t be able to tell you now just how much you mean to me. There is so much I want to say to you, but I just can't get is all out except in this very random sentence way.  Thank you for being one of the most generous, caring, and adventurous ladies I have had the blessing to call friend. Watch out Heaven, the Queen is here and she is at table 102!  I love you with all my heart!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Sister

Because you need me

Missing you