Let's be real

Have you ever looked at someone else's life and just felt jealous? I mean, instead of being happy that they are so happy, turned it into a pity party for yourself? Envied that they had the hot new car, the latest gadget, the loving husband, the cute 2 1/2 kids, the house, the job, etc? Have you been there? I have. I will admit that even though I can cry real happy tears for someone and really feel the happiness they are going through, I can turn it right around and turn those tears into tears for myself.

Really, why do we do this to ourselves. What I find funny is that everyone does this. You'd be surprised who would looks at your life and envies you. Maybe you have a friend that has been married for years, has a bunch of kids and never gets to have alone time. Then you walk in and say hey I just got back from the spa getting a massage, manicure and facial. When we are done here I have to head home, and plan my trip to Hawaii. See she could be so happy for you but inside her head she is thinking ugg I WISH I could do those things. While the same time you are probably thinking I wouldn't be doing those things if I had the things she has.

I think this is natural and very normal. However, we have to be careful with how much we let our hearts go down the path of envy and jealousy. I once heard this in a song and it has stuck with me every since "Have what you want, but want what you have." I think that is pretty powerful, because we can aspire to or desire to have what others have but we also need to appreciate and want what we have.

Of course if you make enough money to buy everything you really want, then heck go for it. I wonder what you will run out of first; Money to buy happiness or the things to buy that you think will make you happy.

I recently realized that there are a lot of things I "want" in life, but I already have everything I need. :-) Well except and extra large pineapple flavor Gummy Bear or a DEEP FRIED apple pie from McDonald's.

Remember if it is unladylike, fattening or fun, it must be good for you!

Ta ta for now

Comments

  1. now i really really want a deep fried apple pie....why oh why did they stop selling them! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Sister

Because you need me

Missing you