I never asked for a sister...

but God knew what I needed and he gave me two.  I didn't ask to be the middle, but God knew I would be strong enough to hold up my sisters when they needed me to.  It's like a balancing act, but worth every second.  I might have fought with both of them sometime, but I love them ALWAYS.  I might have bugged them constantly or them me, but only because we needed each other.  We were raised the same way but we are all so different.  Difference are what bring people together and how we make each other stronger.  Even though I might not have asked for sisters, I'd never have it any other way. 

As life and "reality" settle in I realize that life is too short.  That I let too many days go by without telling you that I LOVE YOU.  I let too many difference get built up or swept under the rug without telling you that YOUR OPINION is important to me, even if I don't act like it.  I kept my life's book closed, without sharing with you my fears, joys and heart.  I haven't really let you know ME for me and I have not gotten to know YOU for you.  I let my judgements cloud my words and I hurt you.  For that I am truly sorry.

I promise to tell you and show you both as often as I can how much I love, cherish and appreciate you for the REST OF OUR LIVES TOGETHER. 

Three Sister's
© Francis I. Gillespie
We are three sisters
Three sisters are we
I love each of you,
And I know you love me

We’re not always together,
Life sometimes keeps us apart.
But we're never separated
We’re in each other's heart.

Now I know we've had our troubles,
But we always get thru.
The real message is you love me,
And I also love you.

We have had lots of good times
That we'll never forget
Sometimes we worry
And sometimes we fret

But if God ever gave me
Something special you see,
It might have been the blessing of,
Three sisters are we.

The Lord above has gave me lots
Of happiness and glee
But the most special thing he did was
Make us sisters, all three.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Sister

Because you need me

Missing you