Scone-a-lious!

Working in downtown LA has its advantages and disadvantages.  I won't go into the disadvanatage because really don't we have enough negativity in our lives?  So the advantages are as follows: I can walk around at lunch time and go shopping.  I frequently go to Fallas Paredes (or as my work friends call it  YOUR STORE) for clothes or gifts. I can also head over to the metro and take it to Macy's Shopping center and spend more money. I am able to walk just down the street for some good eats, especially my new favorite place Mac & Cheeza they have YUMMY gluten free mac & cheese. There are lots of sites to see and things to do on my lunch break, but my favorite thing is that there are so many options for fresh fruit and vegetables.

Grand Central Market is a few blocks away and not only can I get fresh fruit and vegetables but they are CHEAP. If you are having a party on the weekend, going here for fresh ingredients is such a money saver. However, you need to use/eat the fruits and veggies within a few days because the are pretty ripe. 

There is a farmer market on Wednesdays at Pershing Square, which is a really nice walk.  They also have a great grass area where you can relax and eat lunch.  They do all kind of events all year long.  Farmers Market across the street on 1st between spring and main on Thursday where they sell the best goat cheese and jalapeno spread.  Then lastly there is a big one on Friday at the Bank of America plaza.  This brings us to the title of this blog.  YES, I love to ramble when I tell stories...didn't you get that from the URL of this blog?  Any way back to my point...yes i have one.

Friday's farmers market is the best because there is a lady that sells the yummiest scones.  She sells regular scones for you glutenivores (no I did not make the word up someone else did but I stole it), but she also sells awesome gluten free & vegan scones.  My favorite are the orange chocolate chip and the creamsicle ones.  We are so addicted that we go pretty much every week.  UNTIL today when we read on facebook that today will be her last day at the market. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Say it ain't so!  What will I do now for scones?  Oh yeah, I can order them online and so should you.  Charmed Scones 

Nice just read she will deliver right to our office.  LOL Ok I am not that serious, they are very very good, but hey I just found another opening for the bakery business I want to start.  Hmmmm scones, I could corner the market here in the office and make lots of people happy.  Oh the wheels are turning!

Remember if it is unladylike, fattening or fun, it must be good for you!

Ta ta for now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to My Sister

Because you need me

A trip and a 5k a month?